Walkability in a home’s location may increase the sale-ability of the home. Walkable urban areas are showing signs of becoming the strongest housing market.
The real estate website feature “Walk Score” lets buyers know how close each home listed is to shops, restaurants, and community parks.
Market reports show that home values in walkable neighborhoods are greater than in the car dependent suburbs. On average, a home in a highly walkable neighborhood can bring in almost 60 percent more in residential rent annually than homes in neighborhoods where cars are a necessity.
People’s interest in walkable neighborhoods is becoming more popular with the trend moving towards healthier lifestyles that include walking, bike riding and ride sharing. Many new developments now include high-density residential areas located where retail and office space is all within walking distance.
Ready for Occupancy ~ Completely Updated Old Style Colonial Privately Situated on a Large Level Lot. Hardwood and Ceramic Tile Throughout. First Floor Offers a New Kitchen with Maple Cabinets, Granite Counter Tops and Stainless Steel Appliances (Including Refrigerator); Formal Living Room and Dining Room with Gleaming Hardwood Floors and Old World Charm; First Floor Office/Den/Bedroom; 1/2 Bath with Granite Counter Tops and Accented with Beautiful Bead Board and a Mud Room. Second Floor has Two Large Bedrooms with Gleaming Hardwood Floors and Very Generous Closet Space; a Full Bathroom with Laundry (Including Washing Machine & Gas Dryer). Updated 200 Amp Electrical Service. Two Car Detached Garage with Storage Area/Work Shop. Minutes to Major Routes and Conveniently Located Across the Street from the T-Station. A Must See! Quick Close Possible!
Billerica MA ListingsBillerica, MA - $344,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/11 hour agoBillerica, MA - $299,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:12 hours agoBillerica, MA - $329,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/16 hours agoBillerica, MA - $269,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:16 hours agoBillerica, MA - $319,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1
Burlington MA ListingsBurlington, MA - $599,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:35 hours agoBurlington, MA - $650,000 - Single-Family - Gambrel - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Burlington, MA - $949,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Burlington, MA - $300,000 - Single-Family - Multi-Level - Rooms:8 - Beds:5 - Baths:1Burlington, MA - $389,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
Woburn Ma ListingsWoburn, MA - $475,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:31 hour agoWoburn, MA - $127,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:14 hours agoWoburn, MA - $285,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:9 - Beds:2 - Baths:15 hours agoWoburn, MA - $459,900 - Condo - Townhouse, Half-Duplex - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Woburn, MA - $209,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1
- Buying a Home
- Help Around the House
- Home Design
- Home Improvements
- Market Trends
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Open Houses
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- Artie T. Demoulas' backers say pressure's working July 28, 2014With both sides of the Market Basket dispute sticking to their guns through a weekend of employee protests and empty supermarket aisles, workers rallying for ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas say they believe they are close to wearing down the chain's board of directors. […]
- New rules making quite a splash at Silver Lake July 27, 2014On a 90-degree Wednesday in late July, the beach at Silver Lake in Wilmington is busy but not too crowded, with plenty of parking and ample sand space available. […]
- Setting own fee, difficult for executor July 27, 2014Question: I was wondering if there is a set percentage fee for being the executor of an estate in Massachusetts? I have been handling my mother's estate for almost a year and it has been extremely complicated. […]
- No backing down for this GOP team July 26, 2014There's a story of a man chipping away at granite for three hours a day, for 10 years, hoping to break it in half, according to state Rep. James Lyons. […]
- Artie T. Demoulas' backers say pressure's working July 28, 2014
- Norwich hosting science fiction, fantasy writers July 28, 2014The seventh annual Jim Lafayette Memorial Series of Writers of Science Fiction and Fantasy on Wednesday isn't just aimed at young aspiring writers, but at their teachers as well. […]
- Pedestrian found dead on I-95 ramp in Burlington July 27, 2014Police say a pedestrian was apparently struck and killed in a hit-and-run on an I-95 ramp in Burlington, Massachusetts. […]
- Sr. Kronos Advisor July 26, 2014Thank you for your interest in the Sr. Kronos Advisor. To begin the application process, please enter your information below. […]
- FST opens new office in Quincy, Mass. July 25, 2014Burlington, Mass. - Fay, Spofford & Thorndike opened a new, 35-person office at 400 Crown Colony Drive in Quincy, Mass. […]
- Norwich hosting science fiction, fantasy writers July 28, 2014
- New prison opens doors in Billerica July 28, 2014In the quiet space of the segregation "Pod," the pretrial detainees -- some of whom are accused of committing the worst crimes -- probably don't appreciate that they're spending time awaiting trial in the newest, safest and most state-of-the-art jail in the state. […]
- Police Log: Driver Cited After Leaving Parked Car in Reverse July 26, 2014Wednesday, July 23 At 11:33 a.m., a driver in Horn Pond Plaza left her parked car running to keep it cool and exited the vehicle. […]
- Report: GM Cars in Ignition-Cylinder Recall Selling for Less July 25, 2014A new report by iSeeCars.com says cars involved in the most serious of GM's ignition-related recalls have lower prices on the used-car market. […]
- Drunk Driver Caught After Passing Car, Westford Cops Say July 25, 2014Westford police on July 9 charged a Woburn man with OUI after he allegedly passed a vehicle while speeding. […]
- New prison opens doors in Billerica July 28, 2014