The news has been bombarded with negative stories about the real estate market over the past few years, but the tides are turning and inventory is now lower than ever. There are still many opportunities for buyers as prices still remain low. For savvy homebuyers looking to buy in the high-end or luxury marketplace there is tremendous opportunity.
If you’ve always dreamed about buying a luxury property but considered it just out of reach, today’s market may has put downward pressure on the prices of higher-end homes making them more affordable than ever. To buy your dream home you will want to have a strategy.
1. Choose your agent wisely.
Your agent is your advocate. You will need an agent who is experienced and successful in the luxury home market. Agents who deal in luxury property have the right knowledge to help you locate and negotiate an offer on a high-end home.
2. Take the time necessary.
The high-end home search may take more time and patience. The supply of luxury homes may be smaller, you may even need to expand your search or rely or your agent to find homes that may not be currently up for sale. The home will be bigger, have more features and thus there will be more to consider in the purchase decision.
3. Prepare the perfect offer.
Cash is king in today’s market. According to the May 2011 REALTORS® Confidence Index from the National Association of REALTORS®, 30 percent of all purchases between mid-April and mid-May of last year were financed with cash. The number was even higher for luxury properties.
Even though many luxury sellers may also be in a distressed property situation they are typically more particular about who was buying their property as well as the final selling price. Use your agent to carefully craft the perfect offer.
This Single-Family in Billerica, MA recently sold for $609,900.
This is a Colonial style home and features 8 total rooms, 3 full baths, 4 bedrooms, 1.47 acres, and was sold by
Burns & Egan Realty Group, LLC
Billerica MA ListingsBillerica, MA - $119,900 - Business Opportunity - - Rooms: - Beds: - Baths:Billerica, MA - $275,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Billerica, MA - $2,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Billerica, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Billerica, MA - $329,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
Burlington MA ListingsBurlington, MA - $359,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:112 hours agoBurlington, MA - $419,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:113 hours agoBurlington, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/116 hours agoBurlington, MA - $300,000 - Single-Family - Multi-Level - Rooms:8 - Beds:5 - Baths:1Burlington, MA - $499,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Woburn Ma ListingsWoburn, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:23 hours agoWoburn, MA - $614,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/15 hours agoWoburn, MA - $265,000 - Commercial - Year Built:0 - Acres:0.146 hours agoWoburn, MA - $265,000 - Land - Acres:0.146 hours agoWoburn, MA - $564,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/16 hours ago
- Buying a Home
- Child Safety
- Help Around the House
- Home Design
- Home Improvements
- Market Trends
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Open Houses
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- Martin White sells building, leases back half of it September 18, 2014Martin White Glove Delivery Inc., a provider of furniture-delivery services, has sold its office building at 1 Dunham Road and is leasing back about half the space. D&D Management acquired the 35,000-square-foot office and flex building for $2.35 million. […]
- Billerica Property Sold For $2.35M September 18, 2014D&D Management has acquired 1 Dunham Road, a 35,000-square-foot office and flex property in Billerica, for $2.35 million. NAI Hunneman's David Gilkie represented D&D Management, which has an expanding portfolio of office, flex and retail properties in Burlington and Billerica. […]
- FBI launches a face recognition system September 16, 2014The FBI can now quickly identify people just by looking at their faces, eyes, voice, palm print and walking stride. It's called the FBI's Next Generation Identification system, and the agency said it became fully operational Monday. […]
- Arrest Log: 9/16/2014 September 16, 2014Victor Santos, 19, no known address; possession Class D with intent to distribute, possession Class D with intent in school zone, warrant . -- Angel Gomez, 24, no known address; unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful carrying of dangerous weapon/firearm, disturbing the peace while armed, warrant , warrant . […]
- Martin White sells building, leases back half of it September 18, 2014
- NEPC attendees enjoy posh expo setting September 18, 2014NEWPORT, R.I. - The New England Produce Council experimented with a new venue and season for its 15th annual produce and floral expo. Exhibitors and attendees applauded the changes for the Burlington, Mass.-based council's Sept. […]
- Survey: RA Drug Market Driven by Uptake of Oral Jak Inhibitors and Non - "TNF-Alpha Biologics September 17, 2014Decision Resources Group, a health care research firm located in Burlington, Mass., finds that the rheumatoid arthritis disease-modifying antirheumatic drug market will increase from $14 billion in 2013 to more than $18.2 billion in 2023 in the U.S., Europe, and Japan. According to the report, tumor necrosis factor -alpha inhibitors will remain the leading d […]
- Strengthening Public Reporting and Maintaining Access to Care [Cardiovascular Perspective] September 16, 2014From the Division of Cardiology, University of Washington, Seattle ; Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA ; and Tufts Medical School, Boston, MA . Public reporting of mortality following percutaneous coronary intervention is now mandated in 3 US states and has been associated with improvement in outcomes. […]
- Openbay wins Tech Leadership award September 16, 2014Openbay Inc., an online and mobile marketplace for consumers to find, book and pay for local auto repair and maintenance services, was named the Innovation of the Year, Mobile App winner by the Mass Technology Leadership Council . The award was presented during the recent 2014 Technology Leadership Awards. […]
- NEPC attendees enjoy posh expo setting September 18, 2014
- Adriana Cohen: Dishonesty's our policy for heroes September 20, 2014Talk about a despicable one-two punch. Not only was Winchester native and former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty hung out to dry by his own government in Benghazi, his family is now being deprived of the benefits from a life insurance policy he was forced to take out as a CIA contractor. […]
- Mayor Galvin: Financial Diligence Earns City its First Bond Rating Upgrade in 12 Years September 20, 2014There's a better way to personalize your website experience . With myConnection, the profile you create allows you to set up a unique starting point for the tasks and transactions that you want to complete in your time on this website. […]
- Community Good Works September 19, 2014Diversified Project Management, Nitsch Engineering, RTN Federal Credit Union and more are sharing the spotlight in this week's roundup of banks, brokerages and other organizations giving back to their communities. Earlier this month, Bank of America's PRIDE employee network helped Community Servings prepare and deliver meals for homebound patients […]
- Parsons Commercial Group Completes 17,500 Sq. Ft. Lease for The Boston Solar Company September 18, 2014September 17, 2014 - Parsons Commercial Group, Inc. announced today the completion of the lease of 55 Sixth Road in Woburn, MA. Alex Berger, an Associate and Arlon Brown, SIOR, Senior Vice President at Parsons Commercial Group represented the landlord, Locke Realty Trust, in the lease of the 17,500 square foot industrial/warehouse space to The Boston Solar C […]
- Adriana Cohen: Dishonesty's our policy for heroes September 20, 2014