Here are some simple things you can do everyday to get healthy:
1. Walk more-Walking has shown to help people lose weight, and lower their blood pressure. Aim for at least 30 minutes of brisk walking and a total of 10,000 steps per day. If you are unsure of how much you need to walk wear a pedometer, research shows people who wear a pedometer walk more.
2. Eat more fish-Evidence shows that darker types of fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel and herring) are good for your heart and brain. They have also shown to lower the risk of cancer.
3. Drink more water-Water is an essential for good health. Water helps maintain the balance of body fluids, reduces caloric intake and helps your organs function properly.
4. Get enough sleep-You really do need at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Sleep has many benefits: you will feel better, it decreases the risk for cardiovascular disease, and boosts memory.
5. Reduce sugar in your diet-Decreasing your sugar will actually increase your energy. Sugary foods create highs and lows in your energy levels.
There are many more steps you can take to get healthy but these few tips are things you can implement without making major changes to your life.
HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!!! Adorable Cape awaiting your touches! Enjoy the summer nights on the screen porch, overlooking the beautiful private yard. This home features 3 bedrooms…2 front-back on 2nd floor & 3rd one on 1st floor, 2 baths, Fully applianced Kitchen, Dining Room w/hardwood floors & built in corner hutch. Newer updates in the last 5 years….windows, roof & furnace. Location is GREAT….dead end street, across from park, 3 ponds for skating or fishing, Melrose-Wakefield Line.
This is a Cape style home and features 6 total rooms, 2 full baths, 3 bedrooms, 0.37 Acres, and is currently available for $299,900.
For complete details click here.
Billerica MA ListingsBillerica, MA - $324,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:29 hours agoBillerica, MA - $269,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:111 hours agoBillerica, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/115 hours agoBillerica, MA - $359,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Billerica, MA - $239,900 - Single-Family - Cottage - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1
Burlington MA ListingsBurlington, MA - $374,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:26 hours agoBurlington, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/111 hours agoBurlington, MA - $579,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Burlington, MA - $429,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Burlington, MA - $3,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Woburn Ma ListingsWoburn, MA - $319,999 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/11 hour agoWoburn, MA - $679,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/18 hours agoWoburn, MA - $399,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:210 hours agoWoburn, MA - $225,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Woburn, MA - $374,900 - Multi-Family - Units:3 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:5
- Buying a Home
- Child Safety
- Help Around the House
- Home Design
- Home Improvements
- Market Trends
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Open Houses
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- For Billerica-based special-ed collaborative, mission accomplished August 27, 2014In Chris Scott's Billerica office hangs the damning 100-page report penned by state Auditor Suzanne Bump detailing the rampant cronyism that had consumed the Merrimack Education Center and allegedly siphoned away $11.5 million from the Merrimack Special Education Collaborative three years ago. […]
- Man charged with larceny from woman, 83, in Billerica August 27, 2014A 31-year-old Boston man is accused of preying on a Burlington octogenarian by stealing a woman's pocketbook, then using her checks and her and her husband's credit cards for a shopping spree. […]
- Labor complaint filed against Market Basket for threat to fire workers August 26, 2014Treble Cove Market Basket in Billerica shows juxtaposition of unsold milk and unmade fresh meals, a now-common sight as the worker protest continues. […]
- Billerica board clashes on Curran August 25, 2014The Board of Selectmen's individual evaluations of Town Manager John Curran reveal clashing opinions over his performance, as well as tension between some members and Curran. […]
- For Billerica-based special-ed collaborative, mission accomplished August 27, 2014
- Gym co-owner breaches fiduciary duty to partners August 27, 2014A co-owner of a health club chain who was accused of freezing out the widow of his deceased partner and, in concert with an outside acquaintance, diverting corporate assets and proprietary information to open competing clubs violated his fiduciary duty to fellow shareholders, a Massachusetts Superior Court judge has determined. […]
- William Howard, Sr., 95 August 24, 2014William Howard, Sr., age 95 years of Lakeville, passed away Saturday, August 23, 2014 at Island Terrace Nursing Home in Lakeville following a brief illness. […]
- 1Style Conversational Week 1086: Tried and, um, reliable-like August 22, 2014I'll admit freely that this week's contest - to alter a 12-letter term by one letter - is not exactly imaginative. […]
- Keurig's New Coffee Brewer Is Test for CEO August 21, 2014BURLINGTON, Mass.-Keurig Green Mountain Inc. is rolling out a new version of its namesake coffee brewer that so challenged its engineers that one used his children's Legos to solve a design problem. […]
- Gym co-owner breaches fiduciary duty to partners August 27, 2014
- City Offices Closed Monday for Labor Day August 26, 2014There's a better way to personalize your website experience . With myConnection, the profile you create allows you to set up a unique starting point for the tasks and transactions that you want to complete in your time on this website. […]
- Woburn Man Charged With Drunk Driving for Second Time August 26, 2014Police arrested Mario Batista Nazaro, 36, 9 Lake Ave., Apt. C, Woburn, and charged him with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of liquor and operating a motor vehicle without a license. […]
- Police Log: Woburn Man Charged With Breaking Into Vehicles August 26, 2014At 3:49 p.m., a person reported seeing three or four young males slicing a vehicle's tires on Main Street. […]
- Four from MCC named to All-Massachusetts Academic Team August 24, 2014Middlesex Community College students Zena Casteel of Waltham, Joohee "Judy" Hyung of Billerica, Kara Bologna Rea of Woburn, and Assaf Shahar of Bedford were recently recognized as outstanding two-year college students and members of the 2014 All-Massachusetts Academic Team during a ceremony at the Statehouse. […]
- City Offices Closed Monday for Labor Day August 26, 2014